Unitrends today announced that Tech Data Corporation
(NASDAQ: TECD), one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products, is now offering Unitrends Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to its extensive network of more than 115,000 resellers. The agreement is the latest milestone in Unitrends’ unwavering commitment to broadening its reach to the reseller community and providing customers with flexible purchasing options.
Click to Tweet
: Tech resellers now able to sell @Unitrends #DRaaS through enhanced @Tech_Data partnership http://bit.ly/1w9nlBP #dataprotection
Unitrends DRaaS leverages the company’s world-class backup appliance solution with a first-of-its-kind, automated business continuity offering that guarantees full recovery of entire IT infrastructures in the cloud within hours of a declared disaster. Beginning today, Unitrends DRaaS is available through Tech Data’s TDCloud
business unit in the company’s award-winning Solutions Store, which is powered by its StreamOne platform, an automated buying, selling, provisioning and billing system for cloud and subscription-based services technology that scales the business and operational scope.
“Our agreement with Tech Data tremendously expands our channel presence by making Unitrends DRaaS available to a vast reseller base,” said Bob Gagnon, Unitrends’ vice president of channel sales. “We are making a best-in-class managed service available for purchase on a subscription basis. And, doing so through Tech Data’s Solutions Store enables us to greatly simplify the ordering process for our IT channel.”
Key features of Unitrends DRaaS include:
• Annual or monthly subscription rates
• On-premise appliances ranging from 1 terabyte (TB) to 97 TB, or software virtual appliance options for fast instant recovery of physical and virtual machines
• Unitrends’ unique archiving hardware and software capabilities
• Installation and cloud seeding services
• No Limits Cloud™ storage, which provides continuous replication in the cloud up to the limit of the physical appliance or virtual appliance tier
• DRaaS “white glove” service, which continuously assists customers through a disaster recovery event by helping them spin up infrastructure within hours to ensure business continuity
• Disaster recovery assurance through Unitrends’ ReliableDR product for disaster recovery testing, governance and compliance (available for an additional fee)
• 24x7, award-winning Platinum Support
• Next business day shipment of replacement appliance in the event of a hardware failure
• Simple trade-in policy to upgrade to higher storage tiers and appliance replacements
“We’ve been offering Unitrends’ virtual and physical backup and recovery appliances to our reseller partners for almost a year, and the addition of Unitrends DRaaS is a great complement to our existing solutions portfolio,” said Stacy Nethercoat, vice president, Software and TDCloud Services at Tech Data. “Our resellers are now able to offer their end-user customers a complete suite of virtual, physical and cloud data protection products. This flexibility enables customers to easily and affordably select the right mix of solutions that best accommodates their dynamic IT infrastructures.”
Focus on Flexible Purchasing Options
Unitrends’ portfolio of virtual, physical and cloud data protection solutions are sold direct and through the channel. Customers also have the ability to purchase Unitrends Virtual Backup™ Essentials Edition through Unitrends’ newly launched e-commerce site. Additional solutions will be available for online purchase within the coming months. For more information about Unitrends DRaaS, please go to: http://www.unitrends.com/products/cloud/draas
. To learn more about Unitrends’ e-commerce platform, please visit: http://www.unitrends.com/buy.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world’s largest distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 115,000 resellers to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users in more than 100 countries. Tech Data generated $26.8 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2014. It is ranked No. 111 on the Fortune 500® and one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies.” To learn more, visit www.techdata.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.