D2D2T - Archive to Tape
1. Unitrends compatibility with existing tape drives?
Here was my findings on Q1 ; Unitrends appliance connection to tape drive or autoloader is using a SAS or LVD SCSI cable. If using a LVD SCSI cable, ensure that a SCSI bus terminator is installed on the tape device. Kindly right me if Iím wrong.
2. Do we need another license for Advance Arching software features which allow Unitrends to work with SCSI?
3. Any add on card between appliance and tape drives?
1. The Unitrends appliance can archive to tape. We have LVD SCSI and SAS adapters. The appliance supports both single tape drives and tape libraries/autoloaders for this purpose.
Yes, the SCSI connection should be terminated.
2. In order to use the library or autoloader features you will need to have the appliance licensed for advanced archiving. This means the feature string will have ADX in the string.
3. Unitrends sells the supported LVD SCSI and SAS adapters necessary.
Tags for this Thread