Backup Hyper-V environments with Unitrends
When you need to backup Hyper-V environments, Unitrends suggests Hyper-V backup solutions designed to make backups easier, less costly and more manageable.
Traditional Hyper-V backup solutions backup Hyper-V virtual infrastructure at the hypervisor level only. But this approach is limiting, forcing you to protect your data by backing up the entire virtual machine or not at all. The results – too much data is backed up, causing too much storage to be used, lowering deduplication ratios, dropping retention rates, lengthening backup windows and adversely impacting system performance. Consequently administrators are forced to backup Hyper-V environments less often than what best practices would dictate.
Unitrends Hyper-V backup software, on the other hand, provides hypervisor-level protection as well as deep virtual protection at the native application level and operating system level. It gives you the ability to backup Hyper-V with granular file-level control, minimizing backup sizes, improving deduplication and reducing costs.
Tools to backup Hyper-V servers more efficiently.
Unitrends backup software provides a rich set of features to backup Hyper-V at the hypervisor level, including:
- Image-level protection of Hyper-V environments.
- Deduplication across all backups.
- Recovery options, including single-step, Instant Recovery for VMs; Rollback Recovery with Incremental data restore over existing VMs; and granular recovery of virtual disks, files, folders, Exchange, and SharePoint items.
- WAN-optimized replication of VMs offsite for fast failover and of backups to multiple locations for long-term retention or offsite copies.
- Detailed storage and compliance reporting.
- Protection for VMs in CSV cluster configuration and of VMs running on SMB3.0 shares (Hyper-V Server 2012 and higher).
- Integrated rotational archiving.
- Archiving to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
For deep virtual protection of Hyper-V, Unitrends provides the following features:
- Granular application-level backups with reduced snapshot overhead.
- Granular file-level backup control.
- Full system backup recovery of the Hyper-V host.
- Support for shared VHDX storage configurations.
- Unitrends Bridge™: Recovery to physical machines or other hypervisors.
Backup Hyper-V with recovery assurance
Unitrends provides recovery assurance for physical and deep virtual Windows environments enabled by auditing technology and Unitrends ReliableDR recovery assurance and disaster recovery product, which provides complete automation and orchestration at the operating system level and application level for hyper-v and VMware backups.
Learn more about Unitrends solutions to backup Hyper-V as well as solutions for VMware backup, Windows Server backup, XenServer backup and more.