Features of Unitrends VMware backup
Unitrends provides data protection for more than 100 different versions of applications, operating systems, hypervisors, storage and servers including Cisco UCS. Our VMware backup includes protection for:
- VMware vSphere 6.0 (Beta available now)
- VMware vSphere 5.5
- VMware vSphere 5.1
- VMware vSphere 5.0
- VMware vSphere 4.1
- Free ESXi (All Versions)
Features of Unitrends’ enterprise-class VMware backup solution include:
- Single-step, Instant Recovery for VMs.
- Image-level protection.
- Granular recovery: Virtual disks, Files, Folders, Exchange, and SharePoint items.
- Rollback Recovery: Incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- WAN-optimized replication of backups to multiple locations for long-term retention or offsite copies.
- WAN-optimized replication of VMs offsite for fast failover.
- Archiving to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Integrated rotational archiving.
- Deduplication across all backups.
- Detailed storage and compliance reporting.
Benefits of VMware backup with Unitrends
In addition to protecting VMware vSphere at the hypervisor level, Unitrends provides backup solutions for applications and operating systems within one or more VMware vSphere virtual machines. With Unitrends, you can set different Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) within individual virtual machines as well as at the hypervisor level.
Unitrends provides administrators with granular control of the amount of data and the size of the VMware backup, rather than having to select the entire virtual machine for every data backup. This deep virtual protection for VMware backup also includes Unitrends Bridge™ for recovery to physical machines and other hypervisors, and support for physical RDMs, iSCSI pass-through and independent persistent disks.
We also offer recovery assurance for physical Windows and deep virtual environments through our auditing technology and complete automation and orchestration at the application- and operating system-level for VMware with our ReliableDR recovery assurance and disaster recovery product.