For businesses who need an agile disaster recovery plan but don’t want to run a secondary site, Unitrends Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) delivers rapid spin-up in the cloud at a cost significantly lower than building and managing your own off-site DR. Working in tandem with Recovery-Series or Unitrends Enterprise Backup appliances, Unitrends DRaaS provides business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR) in the secure Unitrends Cloud.
Our white glove service guarantees your critical virtual machines will be operational in our cloud in less than an hour from the time of a disaster. For the ultimate peace of mind, add our industry-first Recovery Assurance as a Service with ReliableDR and get automated DR testing and monthly Recovery Time Actual (RTA) reports.
How It Works
Unitrends takes care of you throughout the entire process, from setup to BC/DR to failback.
- Backup: Backup your business with Unitrends Enterprise Backup or Recovery-Series appliances at your primary site.
- Copy to the Cloud: Copy your backups to the Unitrends Cloud with continuous data replication.
- Get DRaaS for Critical VMs: Select the virtual machines (VMs) you want to mirror in the Unitrends Cloud and enroll in DRaaS.
- Test: Ensure your DR plan works as expected. Let Unitrends perform a full validation via ReliableDR (optional add-on).
- Monitor and Certify: Get monthly Recovery Time Actual (RTA) reports via ReliableDR (optional add-on).
- Declare: In the event of an outage at your primary site, declare the disaster with the Unitrends Cloud Ops team—available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- BC/DR: Your business is up and operational in the Unitrends Cloud within an hour from the declaration of disaster.
- Restore: After the disaster, backups of your data and VMs are copied to a Recovery-Series appliance or NAS device and shipped to your primary site.
Learn more about Unitrends DRaaS
If your business is part of the healthcare industry, you’re likely facing additional regulatory requirements for data storage and backup and recovery strategies. Typically, healthcare and insurance businesses will need to comply with federal regulations defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, commonly referred to as HIPAA. Among other things, compliance with HIPAA requires specific practices to safeguard and encrypt personal health information (PHI), including PHI being stored for disaster recovery purposes.
All Unitrends backup and recovery products include encryption and can be easily administered to comply with your business’s HIPAA compliance needs. For our No Limits Cloud and DRaaS customers, Unitrends also supports HIPAA compliance as a Business Associate and will provide these customers with a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) which details how the privacy and security of PHI is maintained in the Unitrends Cloud.