Citrix XenServer Backup
Unitrends offers enterprise-class virtual and deep virtual backup and recovery for Citrix XenServer.
Virtual Citrix XenServer Backup
Unitrends protects Citrix XenServer in virtual environments at the hypervisor level. Features of our hypervisor level virtual protection of Citrix XenServer include:
- Image-level protection.
- Single-step recovery for multiple VMs.
- Rollback Recovery: Incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- Granular recovery: Virtual disks, Files, Folders, Exchange, and SharePoint items.
- WAN-optimized replication of VMs offsite for fast failover.
- WAN-optimized replication of backups to multiple locations for long-term retention or offsite copies.
- Archiving to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Deduplication across all backups.
- Detailed storage and compliance reporting.
Deep Virtual Citrix XenServer Backup
In addition to the hypervisor-based protection of Citrix XenServer, Unitrends Enterprise Backup and Recovery Series appliances also protect applications and operating systems within one or more Citrix XenServer virtual machines. This means that an administrator can set different RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Recovery Time Objective) SLAs (Service Level Agreements) not only at the hypervisor level but granularly within the virtual machines themselves. It also means that administrators can granularly control the amount of data that will be protected rather than having to select the entire virtual machine.
Features of our deep virtual protection of Citrix XenServer include:
- Granular file-level backup control with changed block tracking for 20X faster incremental backups.
- Granular application-level backups with reduced snapshot overhead.
- Support for backing up VMs without the storage overhead of XenServer snapshots.
- Unitrends BridgeTM: Recovery to physical machines or other hypervisors.