VMware vSphere Backup
Unitrends offers enterprise-class backup and recovery for VMware vSphere.
Virtual VMware vSphere Backup
Unitrends protects VMware vSphere in virtual environments at the hypervisor level. Features of our hypervisor-level virtual protection of VMware vSphere include:
- Image-level protection.
- Single-step, Instant Recovery for VMs.
- Rollback Recovery: Incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- Granular recovery: Virtual disks, Files, Folders, Exchange, and SharePoint items.
- WAN-optimized replication of VMs offsite for fast failover.
- WAN-optimized replication of backups to multiple locations for long-term retention or offsite copies.
- Integrated rotational archiving.
- Archiving to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Deduplication across all backups.
- Detailed storage and compliance reporting.
Deep Virtual VMware vSphere Backup
In addition to hypervisor-based protection of VMware vSphere, Unitrends also allows protection of applications and operating systems within one or more VMware vSphere virtual machines. This means that an administrator can set different RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Recovery Time Objective) SLAs (Service Level Agreements) not only at the hypervisor level but granularly within the virtual machines themselves. It also means that administrators can granularly control the amount of data that will be protected rather than having to select the entire virtual machine.
Features of our deep virtual protection of VMware vSphere and Free ESXi include:
- Granular file-level backup control.
- Granular application-level backups with reduced snapshot overhead.
- Unitrends BridgeTM: Recovery to physical machines or other hypervisors.
- Support for physical RDMs, iSCSI pass-through, and independent persistent disks.
We offer recovery assurance for deep virtual and physical Windows environments via our auditing technology and complete automation and orchestration at the application- and operating system-level for VMware and Hyper-V with our ReliableDR recovery assurance and disaster recovery product.
Unitrends offers its Unified Data Protection engine to provide deep virtual and physical (native) protection for over 100 different versions of applications, hypervisors, operating systems, servers including Cisco UCS, and storage. A complete listing of what we protect may be found on the What We Protect overview page.