Unitrends Enterprise Backup is backup software that protects your total environment, large or small. And while other virtual backup products only cover hypervisors and virtual machines (VMs), Unitrends protects everything—virtual, physical and storage assets.
Pick your flavor: vSphere, Hyper-V, or XenServer virtual appliance, or Linux application. Designed from the ground up, Unitrends Enterprise Backup runs as a fully integrated, prepackaged virtual appliance on VMware vSphere (including the latest version of vSphere 6), Microsoft Hyper-V, or Citrix XenServer. Or, Unitrends Enterprise Backup is also available as an installable Linux-based application for Redhat Enterprise Linux or CentOS.
NOTE: Features of Adaptive Deduplication including inline deduplication, deduplication acceleration, VMware source side deduplication and in-place synthesis are part of Release 8.2 and later, and only available with the purchase of new appliances (Recovery-Series or UEB). Upgrades to these features will be available soon in a future release.
To get your trial going smoothly, it’s as easy as 5 quick steps:
- Deploy the virtual appliance into your vSphere, Hyper-V, or XenServer environment. Note: RHEL and CentOS deployments should use the UEB Installable Software Deployment Guide.
- Access the web interface via a browser (http://<ip address>).
- Configure your backup storage under the Configure menu. Note: It is highly recommended to use an attached virtual disk for backup storage. This can be added from the hypervisor management interface. For other storage options, please review the best practices.
- Add your protected assets under the Configure menu.
- Set up backup jobs under the Protect menu.
UEB Virtual Appliance System Requirements
SUPPORTED HYPERVISORS FOR DEPLOYMENT
||Required Host Resources
- VMware ESXi 6.0
- VMware ESXi 5.5
- VMware ESXi 5.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012 with the Hyper-V role enabled (all editions, excluding Core)
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 (free versions)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with the Hyper-V role enabled (all editions, including Core)
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 (free versions)
- Citrix XenServer 6.2
- Citrix XenServer 6.5
- 64 bit hypervisor / environment
- 200 GB of provisioned disk space
- 2 vCPUs for the UEB VM
- 4 GB memory for the UEB VM
UEB Installable Software System Requirements
Supported Linux Distributions for Deployment
|Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
||Minimum Hardware Requirements
- CPU: 64‐bit little endian CPU with at least 4 cores
- Memory: At least 4 GB.
- Backup Disk: Recommend enterprise-level SATA or SAS disks. Minimum of 140GB for the backup partition.