[Continuing on the previous post: 7+1 Reasons Unitrends 7.1 Leads in Virtual, Physical, and Cloud Data Protection (Part 1).]
Unitrends has released 7.1 which continues its dominance in Unified Data Protection™ as the #1 mid-market vendor for virtual, physical, and cloud data protection. Here are just a few of the new features that have been released in 7.1 in our Recovery-series physical appliance and our Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere virtual appliance:
- Exchange Server 2013 protection. Have a physical Exchange implementation? Have a virtual implementation which is clustered or which you wish you had greater protection and recovery granularity? Unitrends is there for you with both physical and virtual Exchange protection – which now includes Exchange 2013.
- SharePoint 2013 protection. Have a physical SharePoint implementation? Have a virtual implementation which is a farm or which you wish you had greater protection and recovery granularity? Unitrends is there for you with both physical and virtual SharePoint protection – which now includes SharePoint 2013.
- Oracle protection. Have a physical or virtual Oracle implementation? We support native Oracle protection in both environments. Today we support Oracle on Windows – what’s coming later this summer (release 7.2) is also support for Linux and Solaris.
- Enhanced SAN protection features. SAN-direct backups (LANless backups) are now supported not only on our Recovery-series appliances but also in our Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ virtual appliance.
- Enhanced D2D2T tape archive support. Our Recovery-series physical appliances now add Fibre Channel tape support to our existing SAS and LVD tape support.
- 4TB D2D2D rotational archive drive support. Our Recovery-series physical appliances desk- and rack-based archive units are now certified with 4TB drives.