Which Cloud Storage Option Is Best for Backup?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure have aggressive cloud storage pricing. But…they can be complicated and unpredictable to price for cloud backup. See which one best meets your situation, then compare their cost to Unitrends Forever Cloud – purpose-built cloud pricing.
Cloud Cost Using Standard Cloud Storage1:
Cloud Cost Using Optimized Cloud Settings2:
- Data Change Rate,
- Data Compression Rates,
- Data Retrieval Rates for data transfer and storage.
Analyze & Edit :
- Azure performance and compute costs for optimized performance settings.
- Amazon AWS cost assumptions for different methods of data transfer and compression.
1. Standard Cloud Storage referrs to the utilization of non-optimized compression and performance on cloud infrastructures. The Basic storage default compression ratio is 10%.
2. Optimized Cloud Storage referrs to the higher class of storage and performance servers available on cloud infrastructures. The Optimized storage defaul compression ration is 50%.These settings may be changed by using the Full Calculator.
Amazon Cloud Basic cost =( AWSBasicCost per TB * Calculated Storage Basic Compression ) + ( AWS Retrieval Cost TB * CalculatedDataRetrieved ); Azure Cloud Basic Cost= (Calculated Storage Basic Compression * Azure Basic Cost TB ) + ( Azure Retreival Basic Cost TB * Calculated Data Retrieved ) + ( Azure Data Write Cost TB * Calculated Storage Basic Compression)) ; Amazon Cloud Optimized Cost= (Calculated Storage Optimized Compression*AWSOptCostTB)+ (AWS Retrieval Cost TB * Calculated Data Retrieved )+ AWS Cloud Compute Cost per instance; Azure Cloud Optimized Cost= (Azure Opt Cost TB*Calculated Storage Optimized Compression) + (Azure RetreivalOptimized Cost TB * Calculated Data Retrieved) + Azure Compute Annual Cost Instance ; Unitrends Cloud =if (number of Years <8) then ($510+(number Years *40) )*2* Amount Protected Data; else Unitrends Cloud Basic Cost = 850*2* Amount Protected Data;