Unitrends’ Trade Up Program Extended as IT Staff Demonstrate Enthusiasm to Switch from Backup Exec
Aggressive discount program added to 2012 price list after phenomenal Q2 success
Unitrends, the leading provider of integrated and scalable backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced an extension to the Symantec Backup Exec competitive replacement program which expired last quarter. The promotion offers up to a 50% discount to organizations switching from Symantec Backup Exec to a Unitrends backup solution.
Click to Tweet: DEAL ALERT >>@Unitrends_Inc extends promo offering up to 50 percent off to customers ditching #BackupExec http://tinyurl.com/Ditch-BUE
“I had previously used both Backup Exec and Acronis, and was not happy with either product,” said Larry Bowers, Vice President of Information Systems, Northwest Iowa Power Cooperative. “I needed to find a single vendor solution that could give me faster restores in a disaster recovery scenario, off-site replication, deduplication, and could backup my workstations. Unitrends offered me this along with simple licensing and US-based tech support. There are not many vendors in this space and Unitrends was the only one that provided this at a price point that was cost justifiable to management.”
Given the success of the original promotion earlier this year, Unitrends has added the aggressive discounts to their standard 2012 pricelist, extending the savings through September 30, 2012.
“Our original offer stemmed from the poor customer response to the release of Backup Exec 2012, which dropped support for IBM pSeries/AIX, Solaris, and Novell Netware systems, but we quickly found there was a much larger demand,” said Mike Coney, Unitrends’ President and CEO. “This promotion provides an economical way for those not satisfied with Backup Exec to move to one of our physical appliances or our new software solution, Unitrends Enterprise Backup based on the needs of their unique IT environment.”
To learn more or request a quote, Backup Exec users can go to http://www.unitrends.com/backup-exec-trade-up-promo
Unitrends offers enterprise-class data protection, including features such as:
Get Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ Free Edition
- US-based support with a 99% customer satisfaction rating
- Support for over 100 versions of computers, storage, operating systems, hypervisors, and applications
- Content-aware byte-level global deduplication
- Instant recovery using failover virtualization
- Dissimilar bare metal of both physical and virtual environments
- Integrated D2D2x (Disk-to-Disk-to-Any) data protection including archival support for disk, tape, SAN, NAS and archival and replication support for private and public single- and multi-tenant clouds
- Virtual support at the HOS (Host Operating System) level and virtual and physical support at both the GOS (Guest Operating System and physical server level)
- Optimization of precious business WAN bandwidth via deduplication to the cloud and cloud/archive concurrent disaster recovery strategies
- Flexible backup strategies - incremental forever with dynamic synthetics, full/differential, full/incremental, full/full, selective, and customizable strategies
- Near-continuous data protection performance with recovery point objectives of as little as one minute
- Spiceworks integration
: http://www.unitrends.com/unitrends-enterprise-backup offering free backup forever for 4 VMs.
Connect with Unitrends on Spiceworks: http://community.spiceworks.com/pages/unitrends.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris, and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including VMware, Hyper-V, Xen) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle, and many others.) Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables the complete system recovery in less than 5 minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO and ROI in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate.