Unitrends, the leading provider in integrated and scalable backup and disaster recovery solutions, today announced that it experienced another record-setting year. With outstanding product innovation, employee expansion and strategic investments, Unitrends has continued to dominate the backup and recovery market by expanding its customer base in a variety of industries, including education, manufacturing, financial services and healthcare, as well as forming strategic partnerships.
"Unitrends is headed on an impressive trajectory and we're really just beginning to accelerate our efforts," said Mike Coney, Chief Executive Officer, Unitrends. "2011 saw Unitrends expanding its workforce, adding a new Advisory Panel and forming stronger alliances with strategic partners. If the past two years are any indication, 2012 is going to be an exciting year for Unitrends."
For the 13th quarter in a row, Unitrends achieved record revenue and sales growth as a result of successful product enhancement and strong business strategies. Highlights include:
- 56 percent growth in sales from 2010 to 2011
- 98 percent overall customer satisfaction rate of the US-based customer support staff
- The opening of a second Unitrends office in Boston, MA, which tripled in size by years' end
Digital word-of-mouth reviews of Unitrends over social networks also boomed in 2011, causing a dramatic increase in inbound website traffic and sales worldwide. In a recent Spiceworks newsletter, one Unitrends customer was quoted as saying:
"Its limitless licensing style blew my mind, and was one of the biggest reasons we chose Unitrends. We've got a mixed environment of at least 50 guest virtual machines, 12 virtual hosts, several server 2003 boxes, exchange, and lots of SQL. Normally getting all of that covered would be a fortune, and the ability to use Unitrends and expand at will without having to worry drew our attention quickly. I was amazed at how simple it was to set up. Agents were all-in-one, no poking around needed, everything was very clearly labeled, documentation was fantastic, and their support was simply FABULOUS." (click here for complete article)
Channel and Technology Partnerships
With a focus on developing key partnerships and building strong channel relationships, Unitrends exceeded its goal of expanding its partner program and nearly quadrupling feet on the street which represented nearly 85% of the Company's sales in 2011.
Partner highlights include:
- 130 percent channel sales growth over the past two years
- Expansion into EMEA
- Agreement with Lifeboat Distribution, an international specialty distributor for backup, disaster recovery and other sophisticated technologies. Under the agreement, Lifeboat will distribute Unitrends' industry-leading appliances to solution providers – VARs, resellers and system integrators.
- Unitrends is added to TVAR Solutions' GSA schedule, marking a key milestone in Unitrends' expansion within the U.S. Federal market.
- Unitrends and Spiceworks partner to launch a new backup advisor and integrated management features
With a committed research and development team, Unitrends delivered industry-recognized solutions to bring enterprise-level backup and recovery to small and medium businesses:
Management Team Expansion
- Instant Recovery of VMware and Windows with Failover Virtualization
- Near-CDP (Continuous Data Protection) With Up to 10,000 Snapshots Per Week
- Incremental Forever with No Recovery Time Objective (RTO) Impact
- Enhanced Block-Level Adaptive Deduplication
- Rotational Archiving to SAN and NAS
- Enhanced Bare Metal Backup for MAC OS and Solaris
- VMware Image-Based File-Level Recovery for Linux
- Point in Time Restore Across All Backup Types
Driving product innovation and Company growth, the Unitrends executive leadership and Board of Directors was expanded to add more veteran talent.
- Unitrends announced the creation of its first ever Advisory Board consisting of top senior executives in the storage and information technology industry. Unitrends welcomed: Michael Cristinziano, James C. Foster, Joe Balazs, Todd Gresham, Robert Soderbery, Jay Kidd, Anna Hall-Lloyd.
- SVP of Strategy at BMC Software, Ken Berryman, join Unitrends Board of Directors