Deep Virtual and Physical Exchange Server Backup
Unitrends protects Microsoft Exchange Server natively. Native protection means that the user has the option of deep virtual protection when Microsoft Exchange is operating within a virtual machine and physical protection when Microsoft Exchange is operating on a physical server. Features of our deep virtual and physical protection of Exchange Server include:
- Decreased RPOs through incremental backups of granular Exchange data.
- Application-aware, adaptive deduplication for reduced footprint and backup/replication windows.
- Reduced snapshot overhead in virtual environments.
- Application consistency and transaction log truncation.
- Unitrends BridgeTM: Recovery to dissimilar physical machines or other hypervisors.
- Single or multi-storage group protection and recovery.
- Exchange item recovery for emails, mailboxes, calendar items, and more.
- Protection for Exchange clusters and DAGs (Database Availability Groups).
- Protection for physical RDM, iSCSI pass-through, and independent persistent disk configurations in VMware vSphere environments.
- Protection for shared VHDX configurations in Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- No need to disable UAC (User Account Control) settings.
Virtual Exchange Server Backup
Unitrends protects Microsoft Exchange Server in virtual environments at the hypervisor level. Features of our hypervisor-level virtual protection of Exchange Server include:
- Full/Differential, Full/Incremental or Forever incremental backup schedules
- Decreased RPOs through integration with Changed Block Tracking
- Near-zero RTOs through VMware and Hyper-V Instant Recovery
- Application consistency and transaction log truncation
- Exchange item recovery (emails, mailboxes, calendar items, and more)