Unitrends protects Unix natively, meaning that the user has the option of deep virtual protection when Unix is operating within a virtual machine and physical protection when Unix is operating on a physical server. Features of our deep virtual and physical protection of Unix includes:
- Full/Differential backup schedules.
- Application-aware, adaptive deduplication for reduced footprint and backup/replication windows.
- Reduced snapshot overhead in virtual environments.
- Granular file and folder exclusion.
- Protection for physical RDM, iSCSI pass-through, and independent persistent disk configurations in VMware vSphere environments.
Virtual Unix Backup
Unitrends protects Unix in virtual environments at the hypervisor level. Features of our hypervisor-level virtual protection of Unix include:
- Reduced management overhead via hypervisor level API integration.
- Direct SAN backup and recovery.
- Single-step, Instant Recovery for VMs.
- Rollback Recovery: Incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- Granular recovery: Virtual disks, Files, Folders.
- VM replicas for offsite failover.
- Global deduplication for reduced footprint and backup/replication windows.
- Automatic VM discovery