If your business hasn’t been hit with ransomware, an attack is coming. Ransomware is a $60 billion criminal enterprise. Hackers know that organizations can’t afford to lose data. New strains operate in stealth mode and delay the ransom request in order to avoid detection. The only way to get your data back without having to pay the ransom is to detect infection early and have the right backup system in place. But some backup systems are themselves vulnerable to ransomware infection, setting the stage for an IT admin’s worst nightmare.
Unitrends Ransomware Protection is Built-in To Every Backup
Only Unitrends ransomware protection protects your data from all angles of ransomware. First, our backup appliances use machine learning and predictive analytics to detect a ransomware infection in your environment. As ransomware threats have evolved, so has Unitrends artificial intelligence (AI), meaning your Unitrends backup appliance now uncovers more sophisticated strains of malware even sooner. This lets you restore back to safety quickly and stop the ransomware before it spreads. Secondly, our backup appliances are built on a Linux-hardened platform that is ransomware resistant, unlike weaker, Windows-based backup. Finally, Unitrends backup software makes ransomware recovery intuitive and easy, so your business can quickly get back to normal—all without paying a cent of ransom.
Unitrends automated ransomware detection and alerting gives you:
- More Uptime: Machine learning and predictive analytics detect ransomware faster than you can on your own. You defeat the attack sooner and keep your business running.
- More Confidence: Knowing Unitrends is constantly monitoring your environment for ransomware and protecting your data on a malware-resistant, Linux-hardened platform gives you confidence in recovery. Unitrends flags any suspicious files with an icon so you can be sure you’re restoring clean data.
- More Free Time: Having the tools in place to automatically detect ransomware and quickly restore back to safety frees time for other tasks.
“Unitrends had the most advanced ransomware solution, as it looks for behavior patterns within the backed up data. It looks for things like too many changed files, system files changing that shouldn’t change, and other things. If it notices things like that, it notifies the appropriate people, allowing them to directly address the problem.”
– W. Curtis Preston (a.k.a. “Mr. Backup”), StorageSwiss.com – The Home of Storage Switzerland
“We did have an incident involving ransomware that affected several of our systems. And utilizing our Unitrends data protection infrastructure we were able to respond, contain, and eliminate the infection, and recover in a matter of minutes! With our old data protection solution this would have taken days.”
– John Little, Gila Regional Medical Center