Physical appliances offer turnkey backup hardware.
When it comes to backup hardware, physical appliances offer many advantages but can fail to deliver. Physical appliances, as a turnkey backup hardware solution, should eliminate the need to integrate and network individual servers, storage, replication software and local backup software as well as recovery technologies. In theory, once you have configured the appliance, your work should be done.
Yet many backup hardware appliance solutions fail to make good on the promises. And some expensive “integrated” solutions are simply third-party software installed on a server. They provide little variety in sizes or features to meet the needs of your infrastructure.
This is where Unitrends can help. As a worldwide provider of backup and recovery solutions, we offer a family of turnkey physical appliances to provide you with choice in backup hardware – and let you right-size your appliance to the needs of your business continuity plan.
Backup hardware from Unitrends
Unitrends Recovery-Series offers a family of highly-tuned, turn-key backup hardware appliances that let you eliminate the need to spend time and money assembling a backup and recovery solution from piece parts. Designed with 3rd generation hardware, these backup hardware appliances provide increased I/O bandwidth and improved deduplication performance to enable management of data and backup windows more easily.
Unitrends backup hardware appliances provide fast CPU speeds, hardware RAID, AES-NI hardware encryption and the industry’s first use of solid-state drives (SSDs) as a 2nd layer read cache. The result is a
300% improvement in backup performance plus an increase in the amount of data you can protect – from 2TB/day to over 6 TB/day with increased recovery times of up to 125%.
With 14 models to choose from, Unitrends Recovery-Series physical appliances allow you to choose the backup hardware you need to scale up and out as your business grows.
Features of Unitrends backup hardware appliances
Unitrends Recovery-Series appliances offer a broad range of features for backup and recovery that include:
- Instant recovery with failover virtualization to enable you to completely recover your system in less than 5 minutes.
- Flexible recovery strategies that include Incremental Forever and Incremental Forever with synthetics for VMware and Hyper V.
- Physical and virtual protection for more than 200 versions of operating systems, applications and hypervisors as well as virtually all forms of servers and storage.
- Recovery assurance that includes the industry’s only Windows VM and physical server instant recovery capability. It is coupled with hypervisor-level instant recovery and auditing via the ReliableDR add-on.
- Capability to convert systems from physical to virtual (P2V) in a single click with Unitrends Bridge™.