Physical appliances provide turnkey backup storage.
Physical appliances are an attractive option for managing backup storage. As a purpose-built solution, backup storage appliances offer server computing, networking, storage, replication and backup and recovery technologies in one physical unit that is totally integrated and managed. In theory, once you have purchased and configured the backup storage appliance, your job should be done.
But the reality of using physical appliances for backup storage doesn’t always match the promise of these devices. Many high-end “integrated” backup storage devices are really third-party software applications slapped onto a server and offer little flexibility with models or sizes; ultimately they do not meet the exact requirements of your IT environment.
Enter Unitrends. As a global leader in backup recovery software and hardware solutions, we provide a family of turnkey backup storage appliances in multiple models and features-rich to enable you to right-size it for your business needs.
Backup storage solutions from Unitrends.
A leader in the purpose-built backup appliance market, Unitrends is revolutionizing the market with its new Recovery-Series physical appliances. Employing 3rd generation hardware, Recovery-Series appliances are designed to dramatically improve in the performance of your backup storage hardware. Our turnkey appliances eliminate the need to build backup and recovery technology from piece parts and save you time, money and resources.
Unitrends Recovery-Series backup storage appliances are designed to increase I/O bandwidth, maximize deduplication performance, and manage growing data volumes and tighter backup windows. With fast CPU clock speeds, AES-NI hardware encryption, hardware RAID and the use of solid-state drives (SSDs) as a second layer read cache, Unitrends backup storage appliances offer a 300% improvement in backup performance, increasing the amount of data you can protect – from 2 TB to more than 6 TB per day – and improving recovery times over 125%.
Features of Unitrends backup storage appliances.
Unitrends Recovery-Series backup storage appliances provide:
- Support for any mix of data center assets. Unitrends backup storage devices work with almost all storage solutions and with more than 220 versions of operating systems (including Windows Server backup), applications (including Microsoft SharePoint backup) and hypervisors.
- Instant recovery with failover virtualization. This enables you to completely recover your system in less than 5 minutes.
- Storage replication to a secondary site, a public cloud or to the Unitrends Cloud.
- Flexible recovery strategies that include Incremental Forever and Incremental Forever with synthetics for VMware and Hyper-V.
- Continuous data protection. Achieve your RPO (Recovery Point Objectives) with backups performed as often as once per minute.
- Adaptive Deduplication™, a hybrid data reduction technology that eliminates the need for expensive dedicated hardware.