Simplify data protection with superior data replication software.
Data replication logically synchronizes backup data from one system to another to protect against data loss in the event of a disaster. The original system is referred to as the source while the off-site system is referred to as the target. Employing data replication software to replicate data to off-site storage, the source system is protected against the loss of files, folders and individual machines, while the target system protects against the loss of client data as well as the entire source system.
Data replication, an integral part of enterprise protection against loss of data, can be time consuming - but utilizing the right data replication software can make this task easier AND less time-consuming.
For enterprises seeking data replication software that can simplify the process of storage replication, Unitrends provides a powerful yet easy-to-use solution.
Data replication software from Unitrends
Unitrends is a backup and recovery partner to organizations around the world. With industry-leading technology to protect physical, virtual and cloud environments, Unitrends products and solutions – including the data replication software – apply to any IT environment, deliver end-to-end protection and instant recovery of virtual and physical assets.
Unitrends data replication software, available in Recovery-Series physical appliances and Unitrends Enterprise Backup software solutions, improves enterprise data protection with features that include:
- Total recovery from a site disaster.
- Secure replication with encrypted connections between the source and target systems.
- Block-level deduplication to enable only changed blocks to be transferred over the Internet. This feature helps to reduce required bandwidth and shorten backup windows.
- Hot restore of backups directly from the target system.
- Multiple source system replication to one target system.
- Replicated data stored as regular backups on the target system while older backups can be retained on the target system.
- Replication system used as a target for both replication and for legacy vaulting operations.
- A detailed replication dashboard to show active replication tasks, completed replication tasks and tasks in queue for replication.
- Quick and easy data replication software setup with the help of a replication wizard (available in Unitrends releases 7.2 and higher).
Securing your data replication software
Unitrends data replication software secures data transferred by leveraging a secure tunnel based on the UDP protocol. This protocol provides both a secure VPN tunnel and resiliency to intermittent network failures via UDP knitting. During replication, UDP knitting uses advanced checkpoint controls to continue replication if a network drop occurs.
Learn more about Unitrends data replication software, and about Unitrends solutions for Oracle backup, SQL backup software and other recovery backup solutions.