implify Microsoft Hyper-V backup with Unitrends
Enterprises seeking Microsoft Hyper-V backup solutions have had to make tough choices in the past. Because traditional Hyper-V backup solutions have tended to be expensive, enterprises have often chosen not to backup Hyper-V machines as often as they would like. Many Hyper-V backup technologies lack the ability to select data for backup within the virtual machine, resulting in too much data being backed up and too much storage being used, with low retention because of lower deduplication ratios.
That’s where Unitrends can help. Our enterprise-class Hyper-V backup and recovery solution helps to lower costs, reduce storage needs and simplify backup of virtual machines.
Our Hyper-V backup solution protects the following versions
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
- Hyper-V Server 2012
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Features of Unitrends Hyper-V backup solution
As a leading provider of data backup and disaster recovery software, appliances and cloud backup solutions, Unitrends provides deep virtual and physical (native) protection for over 100 different versions of hypervisors, operating systems, applications, servers and storage.
The Unitrends Hyper-V backup software includes:
- Image-level protection.
- Granular recovery: Virtual disks, Files, Folders, Exchange, and SharePoint items.
- Rollback Recovery: Incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- Single-step, Instant Recovery for VMs.
- Integrated rotational archiving.
- Archiving to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Protection of VMs running on SMB3.0 shares (Hyper-V Server 2012 and higher).Deduplication across all backups.
- Protection for VMs in CSV cluster configuration.
- WAN-optimized replication of VMs offsite for fast failover.
- WAN-optimized replication of backups to multiple locations for long-term retention or offsite copies.
- Detailed storage and compliance reporting.
Deep Virtual Hyper-V backup offers more selective backups
One of the most valuable aspects of the Unitrends Hyper-V backup solution is the tools it provides for protecting applications and operating systems within one or more Hyper-V virtual machines. This granular control means that administrators can determine how much data to back up and store rather than needing to back up the entire virtual machine. Administrators can also set different Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs).
This deep virtual protection for Hyper-V backup offers features that include:
- Granular application-level backups with reduced snapshot overhead.
- Granular file-level backup control.
- Full system recovery of the Hyper-V host.
- Unitrends Bridge™ for recovery to physical machines or other hypervisors.
- Support for shared VHDX storage configurations