Simplify Hyper-V replication with Unitrends.
Hyper-V replication is used to protect the data on your Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines. The process of data replication from a “source” machine to a “target” machine provides reliable protection against potential loss of data. Hyper-V replication could even be considered essential.
And while Hyper-V replication is critical to effective data protection, it shouldn’t be difficult or time-consuming because your IT team has other strategic challenges to address. That’s why Unitrends provides Hyper-V replication capabilities integrated in its industry-leading physical and virtual appliances.
Unitrends Hyper-V replication solutions.
Unitrends offers Hyper-V replication within its enterprise-class Hyper-V backup solutions. At the hypervisor level, Unitrends provides WAN-optimized Hyper-V replication of virtual machines offsite for fast failover; at the physical level, we offer WAN-optimized replication of all backups to multiple locations is available for long-term retention or offsite copies.
Additionally, Unitrends Hyper-V backup and recovery solutions offer:
- Image-level protection.
- Single-step Instant Recovery for virtual machines.
- Archive to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Rollback recovery – incremental data restore over existing virtual machines.
- Granular recovery for virtual disks, files, folders, Exchange and SharePoint items.
- Integrated rotational archiving.
- Deduplication across all backups.
- Detailed storage and compliance reporting.
- Protection for virtual machines in CSV cluster configurations.
- Protection of virtual machines on SMB3.0 shares (Hyper-V Server 2012 and higher).
Unitrends Hyper-V backup software provides Hyper-V replication for versions that include:
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
- Hyper-V Server 2012
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Unitrends also provides replication for VMware as part of its VMware backup solutions.
Unitrends Hyper-V replication capabilities.
Unitrends provides tools for Hyper-V replication in its Recovery-Series physical appliances and Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ software solutions. Hyper-V replication features and capabilities include:
- Total data recovery from a site disaster.
- A detailed replication dashboard illustrating active replication tasks, completed replication tasks and tasks in queue for replication.
- A replication wizard (available in Unitrends releases 7.2 and higher) for quick and easy set up.
- A replication system employed as a target for both replication and legacy vaulting operations.
- Block-level deduplication; only changed blocks are transferred over the Internet.
- Hot restore of backups directly from the target system.
- Multiple source systems replicated to one target system.
- Replicated data stored as regular backups on target systems.
- Older backups retained on target systems.
- Encrypted and secure connections between the source and target systems using the target’s encryption key.