Server backup is easy with Unitrends
Server backup is more complicated today than it used to be. With increasing data, storage and physical and virtual servers to deal with, server backup can strain an IT department working with limited resources. While there are many enterprise-class server backup solutions on the market, most are expensive and difficult to manage. And smaller, niche server backup solutions require IT to adapt infrastructure to the backup product. Some all-in-one appliances lack the sophistication and agility that will drive next generation data centers.
Unitrends can help. With physical and virtual backup solutions that are both cost effective and easy to use, we make server backup easy – so you can focus on strategic priorities.
Physical and virtual appliances for server backup
Unitrends Recovery-series Data Backup Appliances are purpose-built physical appliances that provide enterprise-class virtual, physical and unified compute protection. We offer an integrated appliance (1U and larger) with variable-sized solid state drives (SSDs) as a second-layer read cache. As more backups are processed and replicated, Unitrends server backup solution speeds up read requests and increases data I/O by caching data in SSD cache, protecting more data per day and improving recovery times. The Recovery-Series also features faster CPU clock speeds, increased I/O bandwidth, AES-NI hardware encryption, scaling from 1TB to 97TB of raw storage, 8GB to 256GB memory, and 2 to 16 CPU cores.
In addition to physical appliances, we offer Unitrends Enterprise Backup™, a virtual backup appliance for Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware vSphere server backup. This innovative enterprise backup software delivers unmatched backup, archive, disaster recovery and business continuity.
Benefits of Unitrends server backup solutions
- Single pane of glass for managing, scheduling and monitoring server backup and restores.
- Support for a broad mix of data center assets, including more than 100 versions of, operating systems, hypervisors and applications and nearly all servers and storage systems. That means a single Unitrends product can provide Windows Server backup, XenServer backup and Exchange Server backup, for example.
- Continuous data protection and point-in-time protection, with backups performed as often as once per minute.
- Instant recovery with failover virtualization, enabling you to recover your system in less than five minutes.
- Adaptive deduplication with a hybrid data reduction technology that lets you avoid expensive dedicated hardware.
- Bare metal recovery technology that unifies the bare metal backup and master backups so only one backup type is needed.
- No-limits licensing, with no special fees assessed per client, per agent, per operating system, per application or per new release.
- Fast disaster recovery thanks to replication to a secondary site, to the public cloud or to the Unitrends cloud.