Simplify storage replication with Unitrends.
Data storage replication is a critical component of enterprise data protection plan. Storage replication involves synchronizing backup data from a “source” system to an off-site “target” system in order to protect against loss of data due to hardware failure, human error and disaster. In a storage replication setup, the source system is used to protect against the loss of files, folders and individual machines, while the target system protects against loss of client data and against the loss of the entire source system.
Effective management of storage replication is critical to protecting enterprise data – but that doesn’t mean it needs to be a difficult and time-consuming task. For organizations seeking data replication software solutions that simplify the task of storage replication and minimize the time required to manage it, Unitrends provides data replication solutions that are the choice of leading enterprises around the world.
Unitrends storage replication solutions.
Unitrends is a leading provider of backup and recovery solutions that protect physical and virtual assets. Our award-winning solutions work with any IT environment to provide end-to-end protection and instant recovery as well as automated disaster recovery testing built for virtualization. With the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership, Unitrends offerings are backed by a customer support team with a 98% customer satisfaction rating – the highest in the industry.
Unitrends storage replication software is an integral part of Unitrends Recovery-Series physical appliance solutions and Unitrends Enterprise Backup (UEB) software solutions. With Unitrends solutions, storage replication can be fully managed from the target or the source system, using a replication dashboard to immediately view the status of active, completed in pending replication jobs.
Features of Unitrends storage replication technology.
Unitrends storage replication solutions provide:
- Total data recovery from a site disaster.
- Replicated data stored as regular backups on the target system.
- Retention of older backups on the target system.
- Multiple source systems replicated to one target system.
- Replication system used as a target for both replication and legacy vaulting operations.
- Hot restore of backups directly from the target system.
- Block-level deduplication of data – only changed blocks are transferred over the Internet.
- Encrypted and secure connection between the source and target systems.
- Data encryption using the target’s encryption key.
- Private cloud or multi-tenant cloud deployment.
- Configurable policies for replication, such as the ability to select specific clients, applications, and databases to replicate, and configurable bandwidth throttling between source and target systems, and the ability to prioritize data queued for replication to ensure that more critical systems are replicated first.