Replace tape backup with cloud-based solutions.
Tape backup has been the primary method of data backup for more than four decades. A cheaper alternative to other storage media, tape – and related tape backup – has long been a reliable and secure backup media for many organizations.
With the rise of disk-based and cloud-based backup solutions, however, tape backup may no longer be the most effective or affordable way to protect enterprise data. Reading from and writing to a tape backup requires more time than other methods and the chance of data corruption using tape is significantly higher than disk-based or cloud-based backup. Plus replicating a tape backup to multiple off-site storage systems can be a time-consuming and expensive proposition. Yet despite its limitations, many organizations are hesitant to move from tape backup to other solutions because of concerns about security, control and bandwidth for recovery.
Enter Unitrends. Our secure, cloud-empowered backup and recovery solutions provide more reliable protection than tape backup while solving WAN bandwidth issues with advanced WAN optimization and variable block source deduplication to reduce the amount of data in each backup.
Unitrends’ alternatives to tape backup.
Unitrends is a leading provider of backup and recovery solutions for enterprises worldwide. With a great breadth of innovative, purpose-built data protection products, Unitrends delivers unmatched backup, archiving, disaster recovery and data protection for all physical and virtual assets.
Our solutions include:
- Recovery-Series physical appliances that are purpose-built for enterprise-class virtual, deep virtual, physical and unified compute protection.
- Unitrends Enterprise Backup ™ virtual appliances that are purpose- built for enterprise-class virtual, deep virtual, physical, and unified compute protection.
- Unitrends Virtual Backup ™ virtual appliances that our purpose built for Citrix XenServer protection.
- ReliableDR™ software for certified application failover/failback orchestrated across data centers.
- Unitrends Cloud™ DRaaS (and assurance) for Unitrends enterprise-class physical backup appliances.
Benefits of Unitrends solutions over tape backup.
Unitrends solutions offer cost-effective and comprehensive backup and recovery capabilities that far exceed capabilities of tape backup. Benefits include:
- Heterogeneous protection. Unitrends Solutions offer protection for more than 220 versions of operating systems, applications and hypervisors, including solutions for Linux backup and Oracle backup. These solutions also work with virtually any storage and provide NDMP backup for NAS.
- Flexible recovery strategies. These include instant spin-up recovery and instant granular recovery as well as bare metal V2C, P2P, V2P, P2V, and V2V recovery.
- Cloud empowered backups. These offer the ability to store backups offsite in the cloud for additional protection.
- Instant recovery with failover virtualization. To allows you to completely recover your system in less than 5 minutes.
- Continuous data protection. Set the stage to achieve your Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) utilizing backups performed as often as once every 60 seconds.