Make vSphere backup easier with Unitrends
VMware vSphere provides the enterprise with a variety of cost-saving benefits but vSphere backup isn’t one of them. Because VMware vSphere backup solutions lack the ability for selective backup within the virtual machine, most VMware disaster recovery solutions increase costs by backing up too much data and consuming too much storage. As a result, more data means vSphere backup windows get longer and system performance is impacted and IT administrators are less inclined to run backups, putting more enterprise data in peril.
Unitrends can help. Our VMware recovery solutions solve the challenge of vSphere backup through deep virtual protection, enabling protection of the vSphere infrastructure at the hypervisor level as well as the application level and operating system level within individual virtual machines.
A powerful, affordable vSphere backup solution
Unitrends’ products deliver end-to-end protection of all virtual and physical assets, along with the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership. Our portfolio of virtual, physical and cloud solutions provide adaptive protection for any IT environment.
Specifically Unitrends vSphere backup solution provides IT administrators with granular control over a VMware backup. Administrators can set different Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) for each virtual machine, controlling the exact amount of data that will be protected rather than selecting the entire virtual machine. The result is reduced snapshot overhead, decreased RPOs, smaller file sizes, better deduplication, lower costs and more effective vSphere backup.
Our vSphere backup technology protects the following versions:
- VMware vSphere 6.0
- VMware vSphere 5.5
- VMware vSphere 5.1
- VMware vSphere 5.0
- VMware vSphere 4.1
- Free VMware ESXi backup (All Versions)
Features and benefits of Unitrends vSphere backup solution
Unitrends’ vSphere data recovery solutions are feature rich for vSphere backup and include:
- Virtual infrastructure protection with granular control at the hypervisor level and deep protection within individual virtual machines.
- Decreased RPOs with granular control of VMware backup at the operating system and application level.
- Application-aware, adaptive deduplication that reduces footprints and backup/replication windows
- Image-level protection of VMware.
- Single-step, instant recovery for VMs.
- Granular recovery of virtual disks, files, folders, Exchange, and SharePoint items.
- Rollback recovery with incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- WAN-optimized VMware replication to offsite locations for fast failover.
Unitrends vSphere backup provides recovery assurance for virtual and physical Windows environments, employing auditing technology and complete automation and orchestration at the application- and operating system-level (for VMware with our ReliableDR recovery assurance and disaster recovery product). And Unitrends Unified Data Protection engine provides virtual and physical (native) protection for more than 100 different versions of applications, hypervisors, operating systems, as well as virtual all servers and storage systems.