Simplify vSphere data recovery
For many organizations running VMware vSphere servers, vSphere data recovery is more complicated than it needs to be. Most VM backup solutions don’t allow you to perform a selective backup in the virtual machine. That means when it’s time to backup VMware servers, traditional vSphere data recovery solutions backup too much data, which dramatically increasing storage costs, lengthening backup windows and impairing system performance. As a result, administrators are hesitant to perform vSphere backup as frequently as needed, jeopardizing data protection and the effectiveness of vSphere data recovery.
Unitrends has the answer. Our vSphere data recovery solutions offer both virtual protection at the hypervisor level as well as deep virtual protection at the application level and operating system level to reduce the size of backup files, improve deduplication and make vSphere data recovery simpler and successful.
vSphere data recovery with Unitrends
Unitrends is a leading provider of recovery solutions. With a broad portfolio of virtual, physical and cloud solutions, our technology delivers end-to-end protection and instant recovery for virtual and physical assets within the data center to reduce the complexity of protecting the modern data center. Our offerings provide the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership. Plus Unitrends solutions are backed by a customer support team that consistently achieves a 98% satisfaction rating.
Our vSphere data recovery technology resolves the complexity of VMware recovery by combining two levels of protection. At the hypervisor level, our VMware backup solution provides:
- Image-level protection of virtual servers.
- Granular recovery for virtual disks, files, folders, Exchange, and SharePoint items.
- Single-step, instant recovery for VMs.
- Rollback recovery, with incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- Integrated rotational archiving.
- Archiving to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Detailed storage and compliance reporting.
- WAN-optimized replication of backups to multiple locations for long-term retention or offsite copies.
- WAN-optimized offsite VMware replication for fast failover.
In addition to hypervisor level protection, Unitrends vSphere data recovery solution offers deep virtual protection at the application and operating system-level, providing administrators with:
- Granular control over file-level backups and application-level backups to reduce snapshot overhead.
- The ability to set different Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) for each virtual machine.
- Recovery to physical machines or other hypervisors.
- Support for physical RDMs, iSCSI pass-through, and independent persistent disks.
Versions of vSphere protected by Unitrends vSphere data recovery
Our vSphere data recovery solutions protect the following vSphere versions:
- VMware vSphere 6.0
- VMware vSphere 5.5
- VMware vSphere 5.1
- VMware vSphere 5.0
- VMware vSphere 4.1
- Free VMware ESXi backup (All Versions)