10X Growth in Cloud Services Drives Strong Unitrends Performance
Massive growth in cloud continuity, enterprise backup appliances, and strong analyst recognition provides Unitrends a solid foundation to begin a new fiscal year.
Burlington, MASS., February 26, 2018 – Paul Brady, Unitrends CEO reports “We are very pleased with the results from our fiscal year 2018 and believe we are well positioned to continue our strong growth into next year.” Unitrends fiscal year 2018 ended January 31. Highlights of the fiscal year 2018 include:
- Enterprise adoption of cloud-based data protection and recovery services is driving much of Unitrends explosive growth. Offering the industries’ only 1-hour, contractually committed recovery service level agreement (SLA), Unitrends increased its number of protected disaster recovery-as-a-service (DRaaS) machines by over 10X over the year. Unitrends currently protects more than 100PB of customer data in the cloud.
- Included in the overall results was a strong increase in business with enterprise-grade customers, organizations with more than $100M in revenue. Unitrends had a 37% growth in the high-end, 9XX Recovery Series hardware appliances and attached cloud services.
- Customers continue to rate Unitrends Support Services at one of the highest levels in the industry. Unitrends Customers Service continued to earn a Satisfaction Rating of 98%, leading customers to increase their license and product renewal bookings at high double digit growth rates in FY 2018. Just last month Unitrends’ Customer Support team was awarded a Gold and a Silver Stevie Award for Sales and Customer Service.
- Gartner, one of the world’s leading IT analyst firms, recognizes Unitrends continued industry leadership. Gartner named Unitrends a Visionary in their 2017 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service as well as included Unitrends in their 2017 Magic Quadrant for Backup – Unitrends being the only company to have the same products recognized in both Quadrants. Unitrends was also featured in the Gartner Market Guide for IT Resilience and Orchestration (ITRO) with perfect 9 for 9 rating on our IT Resilience capabilities.
- Unitrends announced several new alliances. Nutanix, a leader in hyperconverged infrastructure and Unitrends announced integration and advanced data protection for Nutanix’ Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). This integration enables enterprise customers to reduce infrastructure costs with Nutanix’s free Acropolis hypervisor, while gaining advanced continuity and data availability with integrated backup and recovery services from Unitrends. Also announced an alliance with Scale Computing to provide advanced business continuity services to users of Scales’ HC3 hyperconverged platform.
- Unitrends is opening new markets for its award winning products and services. Late in FY18 Unitrends announced Unitrends MSP, a new wholly owned subsidiary dedicated to delivering Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) products to the MSP market.
- According to the latest survey of compensation, culture and career monitoring website Comparibly, CEO Paul Brady was named one of USA’s Todays best CEOs for small and mid-sized companies in the US.
Unitrends increases uptime, productivity and confidence in a world in which IT professionals must do more with less. Unitrends leverages high-availability hardware and software engineering, cloud economics, enterprise power with consumer-grade design, and customer-obsessed support to natively provide all-in-one enterprise backup and continuity. The result is a “one throat to choke” set of offerings that allow customers to focus on their business rather than backup. Learn more by visiting www.unitrends.com or follow on Twitter @Unitrends and LinkedIn.