Enterprise Data Management & Cloud Continuity
Simple, Cost-Efficient Long-Term Data Management
Unitrends transforms enterprise backup into long-term data management that helps you protect your business from downtime and data loss while eliminating wasted IT time. Foundational efficiency in Unitrends backup appliances change the economics of data management – enabling IT managers to meet backup and long-term retention requirements without sacrificing access to business-critical applications and data. Adaptive deduplication, performance optimized ingest and fast, low bandwidth replication that allows customers to retain data on high performance local backup appliances indefinitely.
Unitrends backup and recovery appliances apply sophisticated machine learning-based analytics and advanced automation to enable simple, enterprise-class data management, meet and prove regulatory compliance, predict and prevent threats to downtime, and manage long-term retention policies for thousands of backups.
More Confidence with Recovery Analytics
Enterprise IT administrators face the time-consuming challenge of meeting a variety of complex regulatory and end user requirements for the data they protect. These requirements may include meeting service level agreements (SLAs) that specify recovery time and recovery point objectives and complying with compliance requirements such as HIPAA, SOX, and GDPR that require data retention periods of days to many years.
Unitrends simplifies data management for enterprises by automating the management of SLAs from beginning to end. Our Enterprise Plus backup software controls the initiation and flow of backups and backup copies through a single, simple policy. IT administrators simply set RPOs, and RTOs, where data should go, and how long it should be kept. Unitrends automates the entire underlying process, including the analytics and business-level reporting of compliance with those SLAs. IT administrators may combine SLA-based policies with Unitrends granular enterprise scheduling options to meet the protection demands of any workload.
- Define SLAs: Simply set RPO, retention and location of backups/copies. Unitrends software automates underlying process.
- Analyze: Take advantage of our built-in analytics. Unitrends SLA Policy Automation engine regularly analyzes backup to determine if SLAs are being met.
- Report: Easily pull business-level reports proving compliance and share with stakeholders or auditors. Unitrends automates the process of report creation and distribution.
More Uptime with Ransomware Protection
The threat of ransomware plagues everyone in IT, from the IT help desk to the CIO. For good reason too – a ransomware strike can cause massive outages and impact to productivity and require a ransom to be paid on top of these losses. What’s worse, ransomware can even lurk and return after you think it’s eradicated from your environment.
For enterprises with large numbers of users interacting with connected systems, protecting against ransomware can be even more complex and critical. Only Unitrends delivers a three-sided approach that detects ransomware early and ensures that you can recover when and where you need to. To defeat ransomware without paying a cent to hackers, and look like a hero to your CIO, you need secure backup, tested recovery, and fast detection. Unitrends delivers this full ransomware defense package with an all-in-one enterprise backup appliance.
- Secure backup: all Unitrends appliances are built on hardened, Linux, not ransomware’s number #1 target, Windows. Avoid the nightmare of having ransomware infect your backups.
- Tested backup and recovery: Automated DR testing with Unitrends Recovery Assurance proves your RPOs and RTOs. Get 100% confidence that your enterprise can recover from a ransomware attack.
- Fast detection: Unitrends backup appliances use machine learning and predictive analytics to detect a ransomware infection faster and alert IT administrators so early action can be taken.
More Data Managed from One Place
Unitrends Distributed Enterprise Manager is an intuitive user interface that lets enterprise administrators manage near limitless backups in multiple locations from a single console. Enterprises often have rapidly growing data volumes – both production and test/dev data –located in multiple locations, include geographically separated data centers and cloud. Ensuring all of this distributed data is backed up, retained, and protected from disasters may involve multiple administrators and application experts. Unitrends backup appliances dramatically simplify data management by scaling out to protect 2 EB and scale to the cloud for long-term retention and failover.
- Role-based management allows IT admins to give application owners the ability to manage and control their own backup and data recovery directly.
- Get value from backup data with Copy Data Management. IT and DevOps teams can spin up and test backup data in a safe sandbox environment without affecting production environment data.
More Flexibility with Cloud Continuity & DR Testing
Unitrends’ deeply integrated cloud continuity increases uptime for enterprises. The secure, Unitrends Cloud for disaster recovery, DR testing, and long-term retention, all at a cost much lower than managing your own secondary location.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Automatically replicate your backup to the global, secure Unitrends Cloud and, in the event of disaster, spin-up with our 1 hour SLA and operate your business from the cloud.
- Long-term Retention. Easily transfer data off-site to the secure, global Unitrends cloud for long-term retention, customized to your policy.
- Recovery Assurance: Avoid surprises and lapses in DR compliance. Automatically test and prove your recovery objectives, locally and in the cloud.
- SaaS Backup: Don’t neglect cloud applications. Unitrends has SaaS cloud-to-cloud backup for Office 365 and Salesforce.com
- Hyperscale Clouds: Protect your AWS, Azure or Google cloud workloads with automated failover, failback, and virtual machine migration that’s integrated with your backup.
More Free Time with Predictive Analytics and Proactive Support
Enterprise IT administrators do more than react to problems–they have strategic projects to complete while also maintaining IT business SLAs. Unitrends saves admins time by combining predictive analytics with proactive Customer Support to solve issues before your backup is affected. This is why Unitrends achieves a 98% satisfaction rate.
- Our fully integrated stack means there’s one expert (Unitrends) to call when you need help, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
- Automated monitoring and failure alerts give you confidence your backup is running smoothly.
- Built-in, predictive analytics lets you anticipate and eliminate issues before they become problems. That means less time worrying about ransomware or repairing your backup hardware.
Our expert Customer Support team is co-located with R&D in the US and available 24/7/365.
Unitrends has been able to provide us with peace of mind that we will be able to restore data in case of emergency and enabled us to lower our RTO and RPO significantly. The appliances and services are stable and reliable. Our Unitrends appliance literally paid for itself after being able to restore the 2 million+ files affected by ransomware earlier this year.
Director of IT
Unitrends has more recommended backup, recovery, and continuity models than other vendors combined