The Solution Overview
Unitrends offers enterprise-class granular backup and recovery at the deep virtual and physical level for Linux as well as virtual protection at the hypervisor level.
Deep Virtual and Physical Linux Backup
Unitrends protects Linux natively, meaning that the user has the option of deep virtual protection when Linux is operating within a virtual machine and physical protection when Linux is operating on a physical server. Features of our Linux protection include:
- Full/Differential, Full/Incremental and Forever Incremental backup schedules.
- Application-aware, adaptive deduplication for reduced footprint and backup/replication windows.
- Application consistent backups.
- Reduced snapshot overhead in virtual environments.
- Granular file and folder exclusion.
- Integrated Bare Metal Recovery (iBMR) from a single-pass backup.
- Protection for physical RDM, iSCSI pass-through, and independent persistent disk configurations in VMware vSphere environments.
Virtual Linux Backup Features
Unitrends also protects Linux in virtual environments at the hypervisor level. Feature of our hypervisor level virtual protection of Linux include:
- Reduced management overhead via hypervisor level API integration.
- Direct SAN backup and recovery.
- Single-step, Instant Recovery for VMs.
- Rollback Recovery: Incremental data restore over existing VMs.
- Granular recovery: Virtual disks, Files, Folders.
- VM replicas for offsite failover.
- Global deduplication for reduced footprint and backup/replication windows.
- Automatic VM discovery.
Unitrends Recovery Series hardware and Unitrends Backup software virtual appliances provide deep virtual and physical protection for over 250 different versions of applications, hypervisors, operating systems, servers including Cisco UCS, and storage. A complete listing of what we protect may be found on the What We Protect overview page.
Unitrends has been able to provide us with peace of mind that we will be able to restore data in case of emergency and enabled us to lower our RTO and RPO significantly. The appliances and services are stable and reliable. Our Unitrends appliance literally paid for itself after being able to restore the 2 million+ files affected by ransomware earlier this year.
Director of IT