Deep Virtual and Physical Oracle Backup
Unitrends protects Oracle Database natively. Native protection means that the user has the option of deep virtual protection when Oracle is operating within a virtual machine and physical protection when Oracle Database is operating on a physical server. Features of our deep virtual and physical protection of Oracle include:
- Supports Oracle RMAN for backup and recovery operations.
- Full and incremental backups for Oracle.
- Application-aware, adaptive deduplication for reduced footprint and backup/replication windows.
- Reduced snapshot overhead in virtual environments.
- Application consistency Automatic exclusions of Oracle data during file level backups.
- Protection for physical RDM, iSCSI pass-through, and independent persistent disk configurations in VMware vSphere environments.
- Protection for shared VHDX configurations in Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- No need to disable UAC (User Account Control) settings.
Virtual Oracle Backup
Unitrends protects Oracle in virtual environments at the hypervisor level. Features of our hypervisor-level virtual protection of Oracle include:
- Full/Incremental backup schedules.
- Decreased RPOs through integration with Changed Block Tracking.
- Application consistency.