Unitrends Enterprise Backup (UEB)is backup software that protects your total environment, large or small. And while other virtual backup products only cover hypervisors and virtual machines (VMs), Unitrends protects everything—virtual, physical and storage assets.
Pick your flavor: VMware or Hyper-V virtual appliance, or Linux application. Designed from the ground up, Unitrends Enterprise Backup runs as a fully integrated, prepackaged virtual appliance on VMware (including the latest version of VMware vSphere 6), or Microsoft Hyper-V. Or, UEB is also available as an installable Linux-based application for Redhat Enterprise Linux or CentOS. Compare deployment of UEB versions.
NOTE: Features of Adaptive Deduplication including inline deduplication, deduplication acceleration, VMware source side deduplication and in-place synthesis are part of Release 8.2 and only available with the purchase of new appliances (Recovery-Series or UEB). Upgrades to these features will be available soon in a future release.
UEB Virtual Appliance System Requirements
SUPPORTED HYPERVISORS FOR DEPLOYMENT
||Required Host Resources
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012 with the Hyper-V role enabled (all editions, excluding Core)
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 (free versions)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with the Hyper-V role enabled (all editions, including Core)
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 (free versions)
- VMware ESXi 6.0
- VMware ESXi 5.5
- VMware ESXi 5.1
- 64 bit hypervisor / environment
- 200 GB of provisioned disk space
- 2 vCPUs for the UEB VM
- 4 GB memory for the UEB VM
UEB Installable Software System Requirements
SUPPORTED LINUX DISTRIBUTIONS FOR DEPLOYMENT
|Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
||Minimum Hardware Requirements
- CPU: 64‐bit little endian CPU with at least 4 cores
- Memory: At least 4 GB.
- Backup Disk: Recommend enterprise-level SATA or SAS disks. Minimum of 140GB for the backup partition.
Installation Instructions for UEB Installable Software:
- Save the .zip file to the RHEL or CentOS server where you will install UEB. If necessary, install the unzip utility by running yum install unzip.
- Unzip the file with the following command: unzip
- Run the following command: sh unitrends-software-install.sh The Unitrends script will install the UEB .rpm packages on your server.
- Follow the instructions in the Deployment Guide to complete the setup.