We’re announcing today Release 7.4 of Unitrends Recovery-series physical appliances and the Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ virtual appliance. We’re pretty excited about this release – so without further ado, here’s why we’re stoked:
- Unified Bare Metal™. Faster backups, faster replication, more retention. Unitrends invented BMR (Bare Metal Recovery); we have patents pending for our unique Cisco UCS meta-bare metal that we introduced in release 7.3; and now we’re introducing our most significant enhancement to Windows-based BMR in the history of our company as well as now offering hot bare metal support for GPT-based Linux systems. [More about Unified Bare Metal]
- Unitrends Bridge™. Unitrends Bridge is a 1-click P2V (Physical to Virtual) capability that enables Windows systems to be transformed into virtual machines. Windows Instant Recovery for UEB, which is now available in release 7.4 for VMware vSphere, is just one use case for this powerful technology. [More about Unitrends Bridge]
- Release 7.4 Performance Enhancements. Beyond the incredible performance advantages of Unified Bare Metal and Unitrends Bridge, release 7.4 has a number of other major performance enhancements with respect to backup, retention, replication, and archiving.
- Oracle 12c Support. Oracle 12c is now supported. This means that both Oracle 12c and Oracle 11g are supported on Windows, Linux, and Solaris operating systems.
- Enhanced Linux Distribution Support. Release 7.4 includes support for CentOS 5.1, CentOS 6.4, CentOS 6.5, Debian 7, Fedora 19, RedHat 5.1, RedHat 6.4, RedHat 6.5, SUS 11 SP3, and Ubuntu 13.1. In addition, we’ve upgraded several new Linux installers which simplify the agent installation process for most Linux distributions.
- Enhanced Reporting. All web-based user interface reports can now be created in Adobe Acrobat PDF format for what-you-see-is-what-you-get viewing, distribution, and printing.
Release 7.4 is in beta now and will go generally available in next 30 days.
As always – love hearing from you – if there are other enhancements you specifically are looking for, let us know!