These are some pretty exciting times here. Unitrends has released 7.1 which continues its dominance in Unified Data Protection™ as the #1 mid-market vendor for virtual, physical, and cloud data protection. Here are just a few of the new features that have been released in 7.1 in our Recovery-series physical appliance and our Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere virtual appliance:
- Integrated global deduplication and WAN acceleration. Unitrends has integrated its global deduplication capabilities with its replication capabilities – this has resulted in more scalable higher performance source-based deduplication-based replication both on-premise and off-premise or cloud. What does this mean to you? Faster replication using less resource because both the local and replication target use global deduplication to not only reduce the amount of data sent across the WAN but also that the source and replication target data uses 400% or more less storage than competitors.
- User experience enhancements. Simply Scalable™. It’s the key technology behind the best user experience in the industry – the ability to deliver a shrink-wrapped experience to a wide range of users while enabling enterprise-class capabilities. Just a few of our user experience enhancements include:
- More granular Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere virtual machine navigation, status, recovery, replication, and reporting via integration of virtual and physical navigation.
- A Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere aware storage wizard for even easier setup of our Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ all-in-one virtual appliance.
- And since we’ve got the best customers in the industry – dozens of customer-recommended improvements that we’re continuously making as well.
Later this week, I’ll list a more reasons in a second installment of this: 7+1 Reasons Unitrends 7.1 Leads in Virtual, Physical, and Cloud Data Protection (Part 2).