Simplify P2V conversion with Unitrends.
Physical to virtual (P2V) conversion enables physical machines to be transformed into virtual machines. This capability helps enterprises manage growing data volumes easily and cost-effectively, speed up data transfer and provide access to the benefits of highly-available, clustered systems at a fraction of the cost and complexity. Plus P2V conversion enables you to meet your Recovery Time Objective (RTO) Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with ease.
Enter Unitrends. Unitrends Bridge™ 1-click P2V capability transforms protected Windows systems into virtual machines and enables you to take advantage of Unitrends Windows and virtualization-based instant recovery capabilities in support of an effective business continuity plan. With Unitrends Bridge, limit your downtime to a matter of minutes regardless of how much data you’re protecting. And when disaster strikes, instead of waiting to provision new hardware, Unitrends P2V technology lets you spin up your physical and virtual servers to achieve your RTOs.
Unitrends’ P2V conversion capabilities.
Unitrends P2V conversion tool offers:
- Windows Instant Recovery on Unitrends physical and virtual appliances. Windows Instant Recovery operates at the GOS (Guest Operating System) level and physical server level. On Unitrends physical appliances, P2V conversion transforms Windows into a native virtual machine that can operate on our physical backup hardware or it can be run on a hypervisor, as a virtual machine registered as a client to the physical appliance. On Unitrends virtual appliances a virtual machine operates as a standby server, constantly updated by each subsequent backup.
- Host Operating System (HOS)-level Hyper-V and VMware disaster recovery. With Unitrends Bridge P2V capabilities you can perform VMware vSphere Instant Recovery and Microsoft Hyper-V Instant Recovery on Unitrends Recovery-Series physical appliances and on Unitrends Enterprise Backup virtual appliance.
- VMware vSphere Instant Recovery on our Unitrends Virtual Backup virtual appliance for Citrix XenServer.
P2V conversions for multiple versions of Windows systems.
Unitrends one-click P2V capability supports the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 2012 R2
- Windows 2012
- Windows 2008 R2
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2003 R2
- Windows 2003
Both ReFS and NTFS file systems are supported.
Unitrends Bridge P2V capabilities support the following Windows Clients:
- Windows 8 and 8.1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows XP 64-bit
For both Windows Servers and Clients, physical systems with PC as well as UEFI BIOS’s are supported.
The following Windows Servers and Clients can be transformed from physical servers or from GOS’s in the following virtual environments:
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Oracle VM
- VMware vSphere
- And more