Unitrends, the #1 provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery, and disaster recovery solutions, today announced that it posted its 13th consecutive record- setting quarter. Driven by strategic product development and industry leading programs including a freemium and NFR offering, Unitrends continues to outmaneuver backup and recovery competitors.
“We’re thrilled with our incredible customer satisfaction results and record-breaking sales – and we’re even more bullish about our strong positioning for the rest of 2012,” said Mike Coney, Unitrends’ CEO. “Our expansion into the software-only market leverages our core strengths in backup, archiving, instant recovery, and disaster recovery appliances into a new form factor which allows our customers to utilize their own investment in VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments.”
For the 13th quarter in a row, Unitrends achieved record revenue and sales growth through strong business strategies and successful product enhancement. Highlights include:
- 96 percent growth in sales.
- 300 percent increase in net income.
- 111 percent growth in new business pipeline.
- 99 percent customer satisfaction for the US-based customer support staff.
“In the first half of this year we added more than 60 employees across R&D, support, sales and marketing, and we’ll be moving to larger facilities in both our Columbia and Boston locations,” said Coney. “We also expanded our senior leadership team with the addition of a VP of Marketing and a VP of Support. All Unitrends employees are committed to listening to our customers’ needs and delivering solutions that help reduce the burdening task of data protection in both the physical and virtual environments. We will continue to strive to become that ‘go to’ trusted partner for all data protection requirements.”
Technology and Innovation
With a fast-growing, world-class research and development team, Unitrends expanded its product line with Unitrends Enterprise Backup™, a software version of its flagship all-in-one appliances.
- Unitrends Enterprise Backup protects virtual and physical environments both locally and in the cloud and is available as a virtual appliance deeply integrated with Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere. This format offers the advantages of an all-in-one solution with the flexibility of software-only deployment.
- Unitrends announced pricing for Unitrends Enterprise Backup that includes a Free Edition which will make protecting up to four Hyper-V or vSphere virtual machines free for life. Enterprise Edition licensing on a per-physical server and a per-socket for virtual hosts is priced at less than $1,000.
“Unitrends Enterprise Backup is changing the face of the backup industry,” said Dr. Mark Campbell, Unitrends’ Chief Strategy Officer. “Our scale-up, scale-out, and scale-down technology coupled with offerings ranging from a free edition for smaller shops to the support of enterprise-class heterogeneous virtual-, physical-, and cloud-based infrastructure of large companies is unmatched. We’re absolutely obsessed with providing our customers an awesome customer experience with sophisticated technology, incredible customer support, and a range of products that meet a diverse set of data protection needs.”
New features released in Q2 associated with release 6.3 include:
Industry Leading Programs
- Global deduplication.
- Storage virtualization and thin provisioning.
- Microsoft Hyper-V FLR (File Level Restore).
- Advanced archive file-level search.
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere incremental forever with on-demand synthetics.
- Protection of SQL Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.2, IBM AIX 7.1, Oracle Solaris 11, and Novell OES 11.
New and aggressive program offerings are capturing industry notice:
For Dedicated IT Professionals:
- Unitrends will shortly announce a free NFR (Not for Resale) program for all VMware and Microsoft Certified professionals and VMUG members. One year NFR Licenses will be available at no charge for Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals, Microsoft Certified Professionals, VMware vExperts, VMware Certified Professionals, VMware Certified Instructors and VMUG members
For Our World-Class Channel Partners:
- Unitrends is offering a 100 percent discount on Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ of up to $10,000 through the company’s First Deal On Us promotion.
- All certified Unitrends partners are also eligible for a free NFR license for Unitrends Enterprise Backup™
- Get Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ Free Edition: http://www.unitrends.com/free-backup/.
- Connect with Unitrends on Spiceworks: http://community.spiceworks.com/pages/unitrends.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris, and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including VMware, Hyper-V, Xen) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle, and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables the complete system recovery in less than 5 minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO and ROI in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate.