Powerful cloud backup solutions from Unitrends
Cloud backup solutions have received a lot of hype yet cloud based backup still represents significant challenges for the enterprise. Pricey contracts that limited bandwidth and security issues challenge vendor reliability. Consequently cloud backup has not evolved to be the perfect software backup solution as vendors have claimed.
Unitrends Cloud backup changes that notion. With Unitrends Cloud backup, you get a comprehensive solution with a single point of contact for backup, disaster recovery and business continuity. It is a powerful disaster recovery and business continuity solution that bundles the capabilities of our Recovery-Series Backup Appliances with our Unitrends Enterprise Backup (UEB) system backup software plus cloud capabilities featuring multiple cloud storage options.
Three levels of cloud backup
Unitrends Cloud provides a flexible and affordable cloud backup solution with three cloud storage options to fit most needs for cloud backup services. Each level of cloud backup includes Unitrends recovery and recovery assurance technologies, granular archiving, Windows physical and guest operating system (GOS) level instant recovery and recovery assurance via auditing plus virtual hypervisor instant recovery and recovery assurance via ReliableDR.
Our cloud backup services include:
- Forever Cloud backup – On-premise backups kept on the highly available Unitrends cloud infrastructure for an infinite number of years to support your compliance requirements.
- No Limits Cloud backup – Cloud backups that dynamically scale to the capacity of your Recovery-Series physical appliance or your UEB virtual appliance.
- Metered Cloud backup services – Cloud storage may be purchased in 250 GB increments to backup a single copy of your most recent backup.
Unitrends also offers a Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) as an add-on option, enabling spin-up of VMware and Hyper-V environments as well as spin-up of physical and GOS-level Windows. And you have access to disaster recovery experts to help recover your infrastructure.
Benefits of cloud backup with Unitrends
With Unitrends cloud backup solutions, enterprises can:
- Solve the challenges of cloud backup with a flexible and affordable solution.
- Reduce capital costs with the elimination of an off-premise data storage site.
- Reduce energy costs with the elimination of large server rooms and associated power consumption.
- Optimize available WAN bandwidth with variable block source deduplication.
- Realize granular protection with integrated local archiving and replication.
- Improve security with configurable security options that include AES-256 encryption capabilities for data in-flight and at-rest.
- Deploy cloud backup in a matter of minutes with the same replication and archive wizards that are part of our Recovery-Series and UEB on-premise appliances.