Overcome the limitations of cloud backups with Unitrends.
For enterprises seeking effective and cost-efficient ways to protect data, cloud backups offer benefits and challenges. Cloud backups enable IT to avoid the purchase cost of additional storage as well as its installation and management – a benefit. Yet cloud backup requires the organization to relinquish control to a third-party vendor who may – or may not – be a reliable provider – a cost. Also actual disaster recovery time may be impacted by WAN bandwidth limitations. Plus issues of security, encryption and compliance further complicate this choice. The final decision for enterprises considering whether or not to invest in cloud backup services is problematic at best.
Unitrends Cloud addresses these challenges. Our backup and disaster recovery solutions combine the features of Recovery-Series Backup Appliances, Unitrends Enterprise Backup system backup software and cloud capabilities with multiple storage options. As a focal point for backup, disaster recovery and business continuity, Unitrends backup tools make cloud backups simpler, faster and cost-effective.
Cloud backups with multiple storage options.
Unitrends Cloud offers three levels of service for cloud backups.
- Forever Cloud offers cloud storage designed to keep cloud backups for an infinite number of years on the highly available Unitrends Cloud infrastructure, supporting long-term retention and compliance requirements.
- No Limits Cloud provides storage for cloud backups and replicates all the data stored on your on-premise Recovery-Series or Unitrends Enterprise Backup virtual appliance.
- Metered Cloud is a pay-as-you-go option that keeps a single copy of your most recent backup in the Unitrends Cloud.
An optional add-on, we offer Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) with No Limits Cloud backups and Forever Cloud long-term retention. This service enables you to spin-up VMware and Hyper-V environments as well as physical and GOS (Guest Operating System)-level Windows – plus you get recovery assurance via optional ReliableDR automated orchestration.
Benefits of cloud backups with Unitrends.
Unitrends Cloud backup services offers:
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by eliminating the capital expense of setting up and maintaining a second site for off-premise storage.
- More effective utilization of WAN bandwidth through advanced optimization with variable block source deduplication.
- Minimized energy consumption. Meet the requirements of green initiatives with the elimination of large server rooms – and reduce power consumption.
- Simplified management with integrated granular archive and single-pane-of-glass management and monitoring.
- Quick resolution of issues with an award-winning committed customer support team that earned a 98% customer satisfaction rating.
Learn more about Unitrends appliances and software backup and recovery solutions.