Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery
More Uptime with Cloud Continuity for Any Workload
The Unitrends Annual Cloud Survey found that 48% of businesses consider cloud backup a key factor when implementing data protection. But only half of IT departments considering cloud backup and recovery have actually adopted a cloud solution.
In addition to choosing the right cloud backup, IT administrators are overwhelmed with growing data volumes, the need to protect diverse physical and virtual environments, and compliance requirements. Tight budgets haven’t made IT decisions any easier. Unitrends analyzed the concerns of businesses when it comes to cloud backup and found these common issues:
- Distributed Data and Data Loss: 100% of businesses need to protect data distributed among sites, physical and virtual servers, SaaS, and multiple clouds. Backup for this wide range is a challenge for many businesses, and 31% of respondents reported losing data in the last 2 years.
- No Confidence in Recovery: Nearly 50% of businesses cited concerns about their ability to retrieve data from the cloud.
- Struggling with Compliance: 57% of companies have compliance or regulatory requirements for disaster recovery and long-term retention, and report difficulty in managing and meeting requirements.
- Lagging Disaster Recovery: 76% of businesses require critical applications to be available within 4 hours of an outage, but only 36% had achieved these recovery objectives.
- Neglecting Recovery Testing: 37% of enterprises do not test their recovery plans or prove their Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) or Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) at all, and another 24% only test once per year, putting themselves at risk of not being able to recover as expected when an outage occurs.
Unitrends addresses these challenges with comprehensive cloud backup and recovery solutions that can be customized for your business. Whether you need hybrid cloud backup, DR services, long-term cloud retention, SaaS backup, and/or hyperscale cloud backup and VM migration, Unitrends can help.