Recover faster with bare metal restore.
Bare metal restore is a recovery technique that enables you to restore the operating system, applications and other software onto the “bare metal” of a newly provisioned server.
Typically, the restoration of a protected physical system to a newly provisioned system takes time as you have to locate the original media and license keys and restore each piece of software individually to the newly provisioned system. And in the interim, you may be without access to computing resources for days – or weeks.
Using bare metal recovery, the operating system and software can be quickly restored to the “bare metal” of the new server – even when that server is a completely different type than the original server. Bare metal restore makes it possible to reduce Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and quickly regain access to your system and services, achieving faster overall recovery.
Bare metal restore with Unitrends.
Unitrends Unified Bare Metal Recovery is an innovative solution that enables enterprises to employ bare metal backup and bare metal restore as an integral part of an IT disaster recovery plan. Unified Bare Metal Recovery unifies the concepts of bare metal backups with a master backup so that only one backup type is needed.
Unitrends bare metal restore solution provides advantages that include:
- Faster replication – plus enhanced deduplication characteristics of the new unified bare metal/master backup can improve replication by up to 100%.
- Better retention – with only one backup type needed, retention can be improved by up to 100%.
- Smaller backup windows – scheduling bare metals restore with master backups, you can eliminate a separate bare metal backup and reduce backup windows by up to 100%.
- Faster RTOs – eliminating the need to restore the bare metal backup and then restore the file-based backup, reduces Recovery Time Objectives by as much as 100%.
- Universal bare metal restore – using a single ISO for all bare metal restores means that only one restore media must be created, reduces preparation time by 50% to 200%.
- Easier management – the new user interface for bare metal restore simplifies the backup and restore process.
Bare metal restore for unified computing.
Cisco UCS administrators can use our patent-pending Meta-Bare Metal technology for unified architectures to back up their entire UCS System – including the hardware blade or rack mount server and its operating system and applications, as well as all of the configuration and profile information for UCS. Using the full power of an automated backup, UCS administrators report significant reductions in the amount of time it takes to perform UCS backups.